Thursday, June 15, 2006

Thanksgiving

The Feast of Corpus Christi


Tantum Ergo Sacramentum

Down in adoration falling,
Lo! The Sacred Host we hail.
Lo! o'er ancient forms departing,
Newer rites of Grace prevail:
Faith for all defects supplying,
Where the feeble senses fail.

To The Everlasting Father
And The Son Who reigns on high,
With The Spirit blessed proceeding
Forth, from Each eternally,
Be salvation, honor, blessing,
Might and endless majesty.

Amen.

- Thomas Aquinas

See also "Ignatius of Antioch: Regarding the Eucharist" for my reflections on what the Christian rite is and might mean.

2 comments:

#Debi said...

That's a great icon--where'd you get it?
I can't wait to show you the one I'm working on in printmaking class, of St. Brigid...

Kyle said...

Alan taught me: do a google image search for "icon" and the name of some saint, concept, or commemoration. I find this one google imaging "eucharist icon."

I look forward to seeing your work!

Five more days!