Wednesday, May 24, 2006

Stuff

Eastertide


I swear I spend the first half of my day getting over myself. It makes for an exhausting morning, I must say.

The controversy of the day Tuesday was my haircut. (It's been quiet lately - though not in the library). It wasn't minor, either. I've not had one since September, and now I have almost no hair at all. No beard, either. Contact lenses. I get these moods when I decide to go incognito. Nobody recognizes me.

You can't see me, I'm invisible.

I read Postcolonialism: A Very Short Introduction in the RadCam yesterday. I feel a bit badly about being so white and male. Help! I'm complicit in the andropatriarchy, and I don't know how to stop!

I bought some FairTrade coffee for the MCR. Is that a start? The book said so, so let's hope.

Patrick and I need to do another podcast soon. Anybody want to suggest topics? We could always sit around some more and tell each other what's wrong with our respective religions, that never seems to get old (no, we don't do that. I completely made it up, so don't go nuts on me).

Technorati Tags: ,

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

So when are you gonna post a picture of this new haircut you have?

Anonymous said...

I suspect your cut and shave with contacts makes you look younger (if that is possible).

In the environment you are in there is significant discipleship activity and ongoing theological study. It seems there can be a sort of culture shock when moving from that environment into church life where the we (the typical layperson) tend to be too busy or lazy about such things. It seems common that believers who should know better are apathetic and ignorant about important theological issues such as those presented here on your amazing blog. Dallas Willard has called this the elephant in the room nobody wants to talk about.

In your podcast I wonder if you could touch on whether you are anticipating the drama of this cultural transition and any strategies we can consider to address this type of lethargy in ourselves and our communities.

Kyle said...

Wow.

I'd not thought about that, but now I will.

Anonymous said...

Wow.

I'd not thought about that, but now I will.


Yes...you would be surprised how young a tight hair cut makes you look. You may be able to get into the movies for half price.

Kyle said...

hehehe

Katey said...

I'd like to see a picture of the cut and contacts too. I'm sure you look quite nice, not like you looked bad befor but..... yeah.

School is out and I'm super glad. I'm going to try and convince my mom to take us to see X-3 next week, I really really really want to see it. I know you'll be jelous if we go, hehehe.

Love & Peace,
Katey

Kyle said...

Hey, I might well see it tonight or tomorrow!

Anonymous said...

Do a podcast on your own Christian journeys and backgrounds, and why you are where you are - that would be great to listen to.

Kyle said...

Hm. We just might.