Saturday, May 17, 2008

Clowns to the left of me / Jokers to the right

A middle aged man in a polo shirt stopped by the table of my Christian author friends to ask where they "go to church." They told him. He responded, "If you ever want to go to a church that really knows how to rock, check out Quest." Then he walked away. Quest is increasingly notorious for trying to evangelize people who are already committed Christians.

I spoke to a Disciples of Christ minister who told me he was thinking of using Tolle's A New Earth (think new age teacher that Oprah loves) in his church to "expand their horizons." I thought about suggesting he teach them the Christian religion, but decided to leave it alone (I was at work, after all).

4 comments:

JHearne said...

You must send out a vibe that attracts these kind of people. Ugh.

Unknown said...

So, are you planning to attend Questapolooza? Just checking. ;)

Josh said...

Nah, Quest rocks man. I was totally saved on their rock climbing wall last year. Then I partook of the funnel cake Eucharist. It was bitchin'.

The Archer of the Forest said...

I had a professor in seminary (probably the only sane one on staff) that said, "Some heresies never die...they just repackaged for pop culture."