Monday, January 22, 2007

Things I Enjoy

Ordinary Time

Roger informed me last month that he and Lopez had decided I needed some kind of hobby so that I've got something to talk about besides religion. I insisted that the problem is that they always lead the conversations. So here are some things I enjoy that aren't directly related to religion.

I love to cook. If we're friends and you live around here, I've probably cooked for you.

I do watch a little television. I never miss Battlestar Galactica or House, M.D. Don't ask about the South Park pajamas.

I am a recovering Sci-Fi nerd, while we're on the subject. I'm mostly okay now (Babylon 5 was a long time ago), but I think BSG has taught me to love again. Ha!

I don't watch sports at all (I don't really care about it) but I did play soccer in high school.

I'm really bad at Halo.

I lack independent taste in music. I listen to the things my friends recommend to me, and mostly I like it. I can't stand Perfect Circle, and I don't listen to Tool when home alone. It makes me feel like I'm in a horror film.

Exercise interests me. I just joined a gym. Again. I lost 40 pounds in the first half of 2004, most of which I'd put on after the accident.

We should go throw a Frisbee.

I really like Flannery O'Connor, William Faulkner, and T.S. Eliot.

History is endlessly fascinating. I have a B.A. in history, and could tell and listen to interesting stories for days.

I work part-time at a bookstore, and I really get a kick out of it. Marketing and customer service and thinking about how to run a business well are (surprisingly) of considerable interest for me.

I live with med student/chemist and a statis-- static-- er, math guy. Somehow we do find things to talk about besides religion.

Okay, that's all.

4 comments:

Jim said...

What's religion if not a hobby...?

Anonymous said...

Hmmm, I have a B.A. in history too. Must be one of the reasons I like you.

Anonymous said...

I lack independent taste in music.

Me too.

Don't tell anyone though, they might realize that I'm not all that unique or original...and then I would have to jump off of a bridge or something, just to be different ;0)

Katey said...

South Par PJ's, we got you those :D Halo is stupid anyway.
A Perfect Circle is COOL! They're almost exactly like tool you ninny, and it's okay that Tool scares you into wetting your south park jammies, hehee. At least you didn't say that you didn't like them, or that they sucked, because then I would hae to tape you to the wall with my purple duct tape :)

Love & Peace,
Katey